R. Paul Bosse, DVM
Dr. Bosse has been practicing veterinary medicine for over 30 years. After spending his first five years practicing in busy small animal practices in Atlanta, Georgia, and then Lexington, Kentucky, he acquired Commonwealth Animal Hospital in 1994. Dr. Bosse's strong ethical standards and desire to provide the highest level of medical care to animals has always been the driving force of Commonwealth Animal Hospital. The practice has cutting edge hospital equipment, a clean facility, and highly trained staff. He has built a practice around quality medicine and moral integrity, hiring only the best staff the area has to offer.
He is a talented surgeon, and performs many successful orthopedic procedures including: cruciate ligament repair and patellar luxation repair, fracture plating and external fixation, femoral head osteotomies. He also excels in soft-tissue surgery including: growth excision, cystotomy, splenectomy, bulla osteotomy, entropion repair, gastrotomy and enterotomy and more. He is also certified to provide PennHIP radiographs.
- Owner of Commonwealth Animal Hospital since 1994
- Practicing Veterinary Medicine since 1989
- Graduated University of Kentucky in 1984 – BS in Animal Science
- Graduated Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine – 1989
- Recipient American College of Veterinary Surgeons “Academic & Clinical Proficiency in Surgery” Award – 1989
- Member: American Veterinary Medical Association
- Member: Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association
- Member: Central Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association
- Former Member of Kentucky State Board of Veterinary Examiners
- PennHIP Certified (University of Pennsylvania method of evaluating the integrity of the canine hip and hip dysplasia)
Shannon Blair, DVM
Dr. Blair joined our team in December 2017. She graduated from Tuskegee University Veterinary Medical School in 2005. She enjoys internal medicine and plans to get certified in acupuncture this year! She lives in Harrodsburg with her husband and their two little boys, Judah & Abram. She also likes to exercise and read. She has two sweet, mixed breed fur babies, Sam & Diesel.
Wendy Schofield, DVM
Originally from Montana, Dr. Schofield graduated from Colorado State University of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. She specialized in equine practice for the first part of her career, which is what brought her to Kentucky. She has been in small animal practice for the past 10 years. She lives on a small farm in Versailles with her husband and two daughters. She enjoys hiking, camping, yoga, and horseback riding.
Lynne McMaine, DVM
Dr. McMaine's bio coming soon!