R. Paul Bosse, DVM
Dr. Bosse has been practicing veterinary medicine for over 30 years. After spending his first five years practicing in busy small animal practices in Atlanta, Georgia, and then Lexington, Kentucky, he acquired Commonwealth Animal Hospital in 1994. Dr. Bosse's strong ethical standards and desire to provide the highest level of medical care to animals has always been the driving force of Commonwealth Animal Hospital. The practice has cutting edge hospital equipment, a clean facility, and highly trained staff. He has built a practice around quality medicine and moral integrity, hiring only the best staff the area has to offer.
He is a talented surgeon, and performs many successful orthopedic procedures including: cruciate ligament repair and patellar luxation repair, fracture plating and external fixation, femoral head osteotomies. He also excels in soft-tissue surgery including: growth excision, cystotomy, splenectomy, bulla osteotomy, entropion repair, gastrotomy and enterotomy and more. He is also certified to provide PennHIP radiographs.
- Owner of Commonwealth Animal Hospital since 1994
- Practicing Veterinary Medicine since 1989
- Graduated University of Kentucky in 1984 – BS in Animal Science
- Graduated Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine – 1989
- Recipient American College of Veterinary Surgeons “Academic & Clinical Proficiency in Surgery” Award – 1989
- Member: American Veterinary Medical Association
- Member: Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association
- Member: Central Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association
- Former Member of Kentucky State Board of Veterinary Examiners
- PennHIP Certified (University of Pennsylvania method of evaluating the integrity of the canine hip and hip dysplasia)
Luke Bosse, DVM
Dr. Luke Bosse graduated from the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2020, and received the American Animal Hospital Association(AAHA) “Award for Proficiency in Primary Care” during his clinical year. Upon graduation, he spent two years at Metropolitan Veterinary Emergency Services in Louisville, KY, and had the opportunity to not only experience a high volume of critically ill cases but also work closely with board certified specialists. He joined Commonwealth Animal Hospital full-time in July 2022 and has special interests in diagnostic ultrasound, internal medicine, and emergency/critical care. He and his wife Sarah welcomed a new baby boy named Henry in June 2022, and they also have two dogs: an Australian Shepherd named “Bodhi” and a Lab mix named “Forrest”. In his free time, he enjoys playing golf, watching sports, traveling, and spending time with friends/family.
Shannon Blair, DVM
Dr. Blair joined our team in December 2017. She graduated from Tuskegee University Veterinary Medical School in 2005. She enjoys internal medicine and plans to get certified in acupuncture this year! She lives in Harrodsburg with her husband and their two little boys, Judah & Abram. She also likes to exercise and read. She has two sweet, mixed breed fur babies, Sam & Diesel.