Up to date as of: January 26, 2021
Commonwealth's Policies and Procedures during COVID-19
June 1, 2021
Our lobby is now open!
January 26, 2021
Due to the recent surge in COVID cases in our community, we are offering CURBSIDE SERVICES ONLY.
OUR LOBBY IS CLOSED to the public. (Exceptions may be made in the case of end-of-life situations).
Furthermore, if you are feeling ill, have a cough or fever, or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, DO NOT bring your dog or cat TO THE CLINIC. If your animal must be seen in person, the ill owner should have a healthy family member or friend bring their sick animal to the hospital.
We are still ALL services at this time. (Including: vaccines, spays and neuters, nail trims, grooming.) We are not restricting services, we are just not allowing clients inside the building.
Example of appointment workflow:
- Client arrives, stays in vehicle, calls clinic. Technician gets thorough medical history via phone, then retrieves pet from car, wearing a mask.
- Veterinarian examines patient, makes recommendations for diagnosis and treatment, and discusses with client via phone, then tech goes over estimate for approval and consent to treat.
- Animal is treated.
- Payment is taken over the phone.
- Client calls upon arrival to pick pet up, pet and medications are delivered to car by tech wearing mask.
- Whenever possible, we prefer payment to be made via credit or debit card that can be taken over the phone, rather than having our employees handle cash or checks.
- We are operating with a reduced staff and we anticipate the volume of phone calls to be higher than normal, please have patience with us as we endeavor to remain operational during this time.
We are continuing to adapt to the ever-changing guidance and direction from the CDC, KY State Board of Veterinary Examiners, and the government. We will keep you as updated as we can with our most recent protocols. However, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 859-734-2245.
Thank you for your continued support. From our family to yours, please be safe and take all precautions to stay healthy.
The Doctors and Staff of Commonwealth Animal Hospital