Up to date as of: September 2020
Commonwealth's Policies and Procedures during COVID-19
OUR LOBBY IS still CLOSED to the public. We are endeavoring to keep a distance of at least 6 feet between clients and clients and staff. Face masks are required to enter.
If you are feeling ill, have a cough or fever, or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. If your animal must be seen in person, the ill owner should have a healthy family member or friend bring their sick animal to the hospital.
While we are still strongly encouraging curb-side service, for exam appointments you may choose to come inside with your pet (with a mask on) and wait in an exam room.
Healthy and Sick Patient Exams Workflow:
· When you arrive at the clinic for your pet’s appointment, remain in your car and call to let us know you are here. Please give us your name, your pet’s name, your reason for visit, and what number parking spot you are in.
· While we are still strongly encouraging curb-side service, for exam appointments you may choose to come inside with a mask on.
· If you choose to come into the building for your appointment, stay in your car and we will notify you when it is your turn to come in
· Only one person per pet will be allowed in the building at a time (Exception ONLY made for end of life situations)
· Pets will be taken to the back to be examined or treated.
· The doctor or technician will discuss treatment options with you before they are performed. While in the exam room, please remain seated and the doctor will speak with you from the doorway.
· At the end of the appointment, if you chose to come inside, you will stay in the room, and the technician will collect your payment.
· At the end of the appointment, if you chose to remain curb-side, you will be asked to pay via phone with a card, or a staff member can collect cash or check from you outside.
***Technician Only Appointments, Surgery and Drop-Off Appointments (this includes work-in appointments, bathing, boarding, nail trims, etc.) and Medication, Food, and Supply Pick-Ups will continue to be handled curbside only. Just call when you arrive and we will direct you from there.
Emergencies will always be treated during business hours, however, please CALL AHEAD.
- Whenever possible, we prefer payment to be made via credit or debit card that can be taken over the phone, rather than having our employees handle cash or checks.
- We are operating with a reduced staff and we anticipate the volume of phone calls to be higher than normal, please have patience with us as we endeavor to remain operational during this time.
We are continuing to adapt daily to the ever-changing guidance and direction from the CDC, KY State Board of Veterinary Examiners, and the government. We will keep you as updated as we can with our most recent protocols. However, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 859-734-2245.
Thank you for your continued support. From our family to yours, please be safe and take all precautions to stay healthy.
The Doctors and Staff of Commonwealth Animal Hospital